Andie’s Pantry is a ministry in collaboration with Benjamin Banneker Elementary. This ministry builds relationships with St. Andrew’s families and Banneker families by providing fresh food, pantry staples, and essential household items and delivering it while forming friendships.
Loving Neighbors and Building Relationship through Andie’s Pantry
We’ll be delivering groceries to Banneker Elementary families from:
April 1-13, 2022
June 2-12, 2022
(This date is negotiable between you and your Banneker family.)
Andie’s Pantry is a chance for your family to meet a Banneker Elementary family in a COVID safe way and is an opportunity for our Banneker neighbors to select $125 in groceries they need. Why did we start Andie’s Pantry? Our Banneker neighbors live in a food desert and are especially in need of cleaning supplies, paper products, other household supplies, hygiene items, or pet food that cannot be purchased using stamps. We want to show our love and deepen the Banneker community partnership.
Ways you can participate:
- Purchase and deliver groceries from a list from a Banneker family (reimbursed by Andie’s Pantry funds).
- Have the family select $125 worth of grocery items at their grocery store online. Have them send a screenshot of the list. (Tip: The volunteer can recreate the family’s shopping list and order online for a quick pick up.)
- Plan to meet a Banneker mom at a grocery store. How this will work:
- The volunteer will meet the Banneker mom at a store of her choice where she shops for her family’s needs (Andie’s Pantry will provide $125 for this trip).
- The volunteer will wait for the mom’s text message and will meet the mom at the store and will go through the check out and then load the groceries in her car.
- This is a chance for conversation on neutral ground and for the mom to select her own needs.
- Donate money to provide groceries and support growing relationships.
May those whom you cherish have food in plenty, may their children be satisfied and their little ones inherit their wealth. Psalm 17:14
Choose ‘Designated’ in the ‘Select a fund’ box and type ‘Andie’s Pantry’ as the memo.