We seek to help children discover the wonder of God’s love, to recognize the sacred and holy all around them, and to live as Jesus taught us. Our WONDER Children’s Ministry serves infants through 5th graders, providing a safe and welcoming environment where children can:
- Learn the stories of our faith.
- Build friendships.
- Wonder about the words and symbols in our stories.
- Grow as full members of the Body of Christ.
Online Children’s Chapel and Sunday School
Sundays at 9:45 a.m.
We are continuing Children’s Chapel and Sunday School by gathering via Zoom (an online meeting classroom). We will say our prayers together, listen to a Bible story, and children will have the opportunity to respond to questions about the story. After, your child will be able to complete the lesson activity we delivered to your door previously. We will deliver a Bible, Sunday School lessons, and activities to your door, so your children can dive deeper into the lessons at home. Contact Jean Long, if you’d like to receive a delivery.
To join Children’s Chapel on computer or cell phone:
Go to zoom.us/j/454101706
Meeting ID: 454-101-706
Children of all ages are welcome in the 8:00 and 10:15 a.m. services. We encourage parents to sit near the front with their children so kids can see the drama unfolding at the altar and feel more a part of the experience of Holy Communion.
On hiatus due to COVID-19
The last Sunday of each month is special because children are invited to gather around the altar while the bread and wine are consecrated at the 10:15 a.m. service. Children also play an important role in baptisms. Each child who chooses to participate is given a small cup of water to pour into the baptismal font before the water is blessed. As one child whose brother was being baptized said, “I helped baptize Jack!”
On hiatus due to COVID-19
Kids in the St. Andrew’s nursery have their first experience of Christian community. Through stories, crafts, and play, our smallest children learn about our loving God and our responsibility to treat each other with love. Little ones birth through 3 years old are lovingly nurtured by attentive caregivers while their parents attend service or participate in Sunday formation and fellowship.
We have two separate rooms for our nursery care:
- The Infant Room is for infants eight weeks to one year of age. This room is a quieter, more peaceful place to play and rest. We have cribs, bouncy chairs, soft toys, and a colorful rug for tummy time!
- The Toddler Room is for children one year to three years of age and is full of fun experiences and discoveries. Kids can play alone with toys, engage in imaginative play with others, work on a craft, puzzle, and have a snack.